Saturday, April 16, 2016

One Year Later

Happy Birthday For the Love! On this day one year ago I started writing my first blog post on For the Love. Never in a million years could I have ever dreamt of what this little blog would do for me. Never in a million years could I have ever thought that people actually cared about what I had to say. I'm also still incredibly nervous every single time I hit that publish button. For the Love it never gets easier.

When I first starting writing I didn't want my blog to be only about education, I wanted it to be about some of the crazy and insane moments that happen in my life, because half of the stuff that happens to me could only happen to me. Like bus drivers that think they lock the bus keys in the bus only to have them in their pockets. Killing spiders with lamps. My underwear ending up on the floor of a QuikTrip but static cling sucks. However my vision for this blog changed and I started writing more about education. Education is who I am. The person I am today is a direct result of public education. I am forever grateful for the doors that this blog has opened for me. I am thankful for the friendships and professional connections that it has brought me. More importantly I'm thankful how writing has changed me. Writing on this blog has given me a sense of purpose and direction. It has given me a voice, a place to tell my story but not only my story but the story of the students and educators that I am around daily.

As I was thinking and reflecting on this journey, there is one post that I feel totally reflects who I am as a writer and as an educator. This was the post that I really and truly feel started to define my writing and introduced me to the crazy world of education blogging! Literacy and the Electives Teacher changed everything. Educators and bloggers that I loved reading started to read my stuff. People cared about what I had to say. I'm pretty proud of that post and of all that I have written that one is one that I hope people never forget. It was after that I wrote that post I found passion for writing about all these education. This one changed everything for me and opened the door for my voice to heard. My unicorns and rainbows were unleashed and we haven't been able to control them since!

For the Love, I'm beyond thankful for everything one year later. Here is to another full of unicorns, rainbows, cats, and donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment