Saturday, February 6, 2016

5 4 3 2 1

I love a good blogging challenge! Thanks for getting me writing again, it has been awhile!!

What has been your ONE biggest struggle during this school year?

1. This school year I have struggled with taking care of me. I love my job, I love my students, and I love my fellow teachers. I spend so much time caring for others and pouring into others that I forget to care for myself. I know the importance of taking care of me, but I feel guilty when I take that time to focus on me. 

Share TWO accomplishments that you are proud of from this school year.

1. After 5 years of teaching and trying and crying....I finally had students make the OCDA All State Mixed Choir! I finally found a system of teaching and working that will ensure student success at that competitive level.

2. The other accomplishment I'm proud of is how I have developed a sense of community with my students within my choral program and classroom. I love seeing the friendships that have developed among my students, including seeing students love and mentor those that just need a little extra help. 

What are THREE things you wish to accomplish before the end of the school year?

1. Survive contest season, and continue to thrive and impact lives! February is hard for middle choir teachers. 

2. Be a better mentor. I want to reach out to other teachers and find ways to help them help their students. I want to help every teacher find the resources needed to reach their students!

3. Move this blog over to stand alone website. This is a "what if it fails" in my mind. This blog has been my one of my greatest joys. I want to develop this into a site that teachers, especially music teachers, can find resources and inspiration for their classrooms. And just think of all the unicorns and rainbows I can share!!

Give FOUR reasons why you remain in education in today's rough culture.

1. Because every child deserves access to quality music education. Every child deserves to know the beauty and wonder of music. Every child deserves to know how music can change their world.

2. Because every child needs to know that they have a champion. Because they need to know that some one loves them, even if I might be the only person that tells them.

3. I love singing and I love showing kiddos how to do it.

4. Where else do I get paid (not enough, but whatevs) to jump up and down, sing songs, and play games with some of the coolest kids on the earth.

Which FIVE people do you hope will the take the challenge of answering these questions.

1. Ashley Bowser-My assistant principal rock star super hero. I would just love to hear his thoughts!!

2. Jen Williams-Because she has dark and twisty unicorns and rainbows.

3. Kas Nelson-Because she is just so much fun!!

4. Peter Anderson-Because this guy is super legit. 

5. Megan Morgan-We have similar names and similar souls. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the challenge! I was not expecting the breakout that has happened when I started it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great challenge! I'm so happy that I did it!

      Delete