Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Dear Educator...Again

Dear Educator,

I'm writing to you again because it is May. While there is a light at the end of the tunnel and summer is coming, somehow May just might be more heartbreaking than April.

We have watched our students grow all year long, and we have to say good bye. We wonder if we were enough, what we taught them was enough, and we wonder if they will be happy and successful. At least I do. I talk a lot about loving kids, and that we can't really teach them to fullest extent without loving them fully and truly knowing them. For me after teaching some of my students for three years, I wonder if I have prepared them and I wonder if they will remember anything that I taught them or really anything that I have done. If you are anything like me, you ready for this school year to be over, but at the same time you are still hurting and processing what all has gone on this school year. Lean in close, if you changed one life. You changed the world.

To the first year teacher, you made it. Congratulations! I promise you that the tears you have shed have been worth it.

To the teacher that is retiring, you made it. Congratulations! Thank you for your years of service and for your dedication to your students and schools. Thank you for leaving a legacy.

To the teacher that is leaving the profession, I get it. Times are hard and being a teacher is hard. Thank you for all that you did while you taught in your classroom. And always remember that you can come back. Good luck in your future endeavors!

To the teacher lost their job because of budget cuts, I'm sorry. It isn't fair. I don't know what to say to make it better. Don't lose hope and don't lose your passion.

To the graduating college student, Oklahoma kids need good teachers. I hope that you choose to stay.

To the administrator that had to make the hard decisions, thank you for what you do. Thank you for doing the impossible. Thank you for what you have done.

To the students that we have taught, I hope you learned something. But more than anything I hope you know that you are loved.

Educators it will be okay. It will be better. I admire you all and I admire what you do! For the love just keep doing what you are doing and when it gets hard keep going and always eat a donut.


No comments:

Post a Comment